TLC Labradors - Eye and Hip Dysplasia Guarantee
The eyes are guaranteed to be certifiable free and
clear from congenital problems. Diagnosis must be made by a Board Certified
Veterinary Ophthalmologist before 26 months of age.
The dog is guaranteed to be O.F.A. certifiable at two years of age. X-rays must
be taken by a Board Certified Veterinarian before 26 months of age.
Any dog covered by this guarantee that is to have retinal or hip dysplasia and has
followed the guidelines stated below, will be given a replacement puppy of comparable
breeding and same price by discrection of TLC Labradors. If you choose to receive a
puppy of a higher breeding and price, the price of the dog covered by this guarantee will
apply toward the higher price of the new puppy.
We do not give refunds, dogs covered under this guarantee are by replacement
only. This guarantee covers the purchase price of the dog only. Any
expenses incurred on any returned dog or replacement dog are the responsibility
of the purchaser.
- The dog carries the prefix name of TLC, TLC's or TLCS in its name, when registered with
the American Kennel Club. For example, TLC's Top Gun or TLC's Buckshot Butch.
- It is x-rayed by a competent veterinarian and evaluated by O.F.A. between the age of 6
and 26 months of age.
- The results of such x-rays must be reported to TLC Labradors immediately along with
copies of the x-ray and O.F.A. written report to be submitted to our veterinarians for
- O.F.A. shall be the sole judge regarding hip dysplasia. Hips must be
rejected by O.F.A.
- CERF shall be the sole judge of hereditary eye problems. Eyes must
be rejected by CERF.
- The dog must not be used for breeding until x-rayed and approved by OFA and CERF.
If dog has sired or whelped a litter, the guarantee is voided.
- This guarantee must be in original owner's name, and is non-transferable to new owners
if the dog is sold.
- If the affected dog is returned to TLC Labradors, you are entitled to a
replacement puppy of equal value.
- If the owner wishes to keep the dog, you are entitled to 50% of the
value paid for the affected dog to apply to the price of the replacement
puppy when you are ready to bring a new puppy home.
- In either case, the AKC registration papers must be signed back to TLC
- If you choose to keep the affected dog, you must submit a veterinarian
letter stating that the dog has been spayed, or neutered.
- All the freight charges are to be paid by the owner for both the
replacement dog as well as the dog being returned.